There was a “No Cost Dental Day for Kids” last Friday in Smyrna. Children came to the Fortis College Dental Clinic to get free dental exams, cleanings, fluoride treatments, x-rays, and sealants from dental professionals.
They provided services to 60-80 children from the local area. Fortis College Dental College is located at 2140 South Cobb Drive in Smyrna. For more info about Smyrna, click here.
Not sure what to do with your Christmas tree? Stop by the Home Depot on Cumberland Parkway this Saturday for the “Bring One for the Chipper!” Recycling Event.
Hosted by Keep Smyrna Beautiful, each citizen that comes to drop off their tree will get a free tree seedling. Veggie and flower seed packets will also be there. The Davey Tree Experts will chip the trees and deliver free mulch.
To help volunteer, call Keep Smyrna Beautiful at 770-431-2863.
What: Christmas Tree Recycling Event
When: Saturday, January 6
9am – 4pm
Where: Home Depot
2450 Cumberland Pkwy
Atlanta, Ga 30339
No, you don’t need to get your eyes checked if you see a pink police car in Smyrna! The Smyrna police station is doing a Beat Breast Cancer initiative by driving a hit pink police cruiser.
The car has been making the rounds to raise awareness of the disease, which hits about 1 in 8 women in the US alone. The next time the car will make an appearance will be at the Shur-Line Electrical company in the Smyrna Business Park tomorrow from 10am – 2pm.
Smyrna always has interesting things going on! Come back here to learn more about Smyrna!
The CrossFit in Smyrna is hosting a camp geared for kids ages 4-12. There will be CrossFit-themed workouts, drills, and games designed to keep your kids physically challenged and engaged!
The camp is limited to 10 children. Snacks and water will be provided. The camp is from 10am – 12pm and is $125 for the week. 10% off discount for siblings of campers.
The last week of the camp is coming up, from June 27 – 30th. You can sign up here. For more info about businesses in Smyrna, click here!
Every Thursday from 6-9pm, the Smyrna Fire Department is hosting a nine week Citizen’s Fire Academy. It’s a hands-on experience, life-saving techniques and a behind-the-scenes look into the Smyrna Fire Department and the several services they provide. All applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
Class size is limited to 15 seats to allow for hands-on training. Special topics to be covered include:
- Fire Behavior
- Fire Extinguishers
- Fire Tools and Equipment
- Fire Education
- Bureau of Fire Prevention
- Search and Rescue
- Vehicle Extrication
- Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Management Agencies
- Fire Command
- Incident Command
The cost is free if you are a Smyrna resident. Please email email@example.com for more info. See this link to learn more about being a Smyrna resident.
When: Every Thursday from June 1 – July 27
6 – 9pm
Where: Smyrna Fire Department
2620 Atlanta Road
Smyrna, Ga 30080
The Smyrna City Government is hiring lots of positions. Smyrna is a great place to work, with all the fun restaurants and shopping around, and the new SunTrust Park! To learn more about Smyrna, click here. Here is a list of the open positions:
- Assistant City Engineer Full Time: Open Until Filled — $52,578 – $78,867 per year
- Chief Building Official Full Time: Open Until Filled — $55,480 – $69,350 per year
- Chief Jailer Full Time: Open Until Filled — $43,147 – $53,933 per year
- Communications Officer Full Time: 05-18-17 — 5:00 PM$32,990 ($15.86/hr)
- Crew Leader (Parks and Recreation) Full Time: Open Until Filled — $13.07 ($27,186)
- Crew Worker (Parks and Recreation) Full Time: Open Until Filled — $24,284 ($11.68/hr)
- Equipment Operator (Streets) Full Time: Open Until Filled — $28,637 ($13.77/hr)
- Mechanic, Sr. Full Time: Open Until Filled — $15.86 ($32,990)
- Part-time Cashier (Tolleson Pool) Temporary: Open Until Filled — $8.00 per hour
- Part-time Lifeguard (Tolleson Pool) Temporary: Open Until Filled — $9.00 per hour
- Part-Time Lifeguard (Wolfe Center) Part Time: Open Until Filled — $9.00 per hour
- Part-time Summer Camp Counselors Temporary: Open Until Filled: $10.00 per hour — Street Foreman
The 2016 Best of Smyrna List was just realeased. Smyrna residetns voted on different categories such as Best Dessert Place, Best Fitness Center, Best Nail Salon, etc. Muss & Turners, which also owns Eleanor’s was the big winner, with Muss & Turners winning Best Outdoor Patio, and Eleanor’s scoring both Best Bar and Best Date-Night Restaurant. Here is the list of all the Best of Smyrna winners. For more information about Smyrna, click here.