The fountain at Smyrna Market Village was dyed green for St. Patrick’s day this weekend. Mayor Max Bacon had the honor of dying the fountain during the celebration.
Bacon gave a speech to a crowd of over 1,000 people. The local band The Armory played music for all the guests.
There are lots of fun activities all the time at the Smyrna Market Village! To find out more about living in Smyrna, click here!
A new Smyrna subdivision was approved by the City Council. The builder, Epic Homes, will build the neighborhood of 15 homes on Concord Road and Old Concord Road.
The total acreage is 4.2 acres. Cobb County will keep 9,000 square feet that will become a park at the intersection of Old Corner Road and Concord Road.
For more information on Smyrna development, check back to GreatLifeSmyrna.com!
Smyrna recently passed a new ordinance saying you can walk around outside the Smyrna Market Village with an open container of alcohol.
Smyrna City Council Members approved a new rule that will allow bar and restaurant patrons to take their drinks to go as long as they remain in the downtown restaurant District.
Here are the rules of the ordinance:
• You can only have one drink per patron
• The drink must be purchased inside the Smyrna Market Village
• The drink must be in a paper or plastic cup, so means no glass, cans or bottles
• The drink has to be smaller than 16 ounces
• Drinking is allowed from 11 a.m. to midnight
For more information about living in Smyrna, click here!
This Saturday is Smyrna Arbor Day! Come celebrate trees at this free family event hosted by Keep Smyrna Beautiful, Smyrna Parks & Recreation, and the Smyrna Tree Board. For more info about Smyrna, click here!
Here is the schedule of events:
- 10:00 Ribbon Cutting for new playground/Photo opportunity
- 10:15 Arbor Day Proclamation
- 10:20 Photo Opportunity planting tree
- 10:25 – 11:00 “How to Plant a Tree”
- Instruction and demonstration by
- Joe Burgess, Senior Urban Forester Georgia Forestry Commission
- 11:00 -11:30 Refreshments and information available
What: Smyrna Arbor Day
When: Saturday, February 17
10 – 11:30am
Where: North Cooper Lake Park
4201 Cooper Lake Road
Smyrna, Ga 30082
There was a “No Cost Dental Day for Kids” last Friday in Smyrna. Children came to the Fortis College Dental Clinic to get free dental exams, cleanings, fluoride treatments, x-rays, and sealants from dental professionals.
They provided services to 60-80 children from the local area. Fortis College Dental College is located at 2140 South Cobb Drive in Smyrna. For more info about Smyrna, click here.