Smyrna is located about 10 miles northwest of Atlanta, Georgia and is considered an integral part of the Metro Atlanta area. Known as the “Jonquil City,” it derives this name from the thousands of jonquils that flourish in gardens and along the streets in early spring.
Over the years, the City of Smyrna – covering approximately 15 sq. miles – has developed into a vital and active member of the regional landscape.
- Just a 15-minute drive from downtown Atlanta, yet free of the congestion
- Revitalized and active downtown area includes a library, community center, retail development and mixed-use development, city hall and charming homes
- Charming neighborhoods with a vast array of amenities for residents and businesses
- Parks, jogging trails, pools, lighted tennis courts, public golf courses and much more
- Day camps, sports and recreational activities for children to seniors
- Summer concerts and family events downtown
- Winner of the prestigious Urban Land Institute’s Award of Excellence
With visionary leadership and strong community spirit, Smyrna has become one of the most popular places to reside in the metro-Atlanta area. The “small town” atmosphere offered aligns with a progressive approach to city government in Smyrna is the type of lifestyle many seek when deciding where to raise their families.
Smyrna is a suburb of Atlanta and is a great place to live. For more information about living there, see here.